NASDAQ Private Market (NPM) is the premier provider of liquidity solutions for private securities. NPM provides innovative end-to-end solutions to enable seamless transactions for private companies, private equity, and other private assets. NPM operates in a fast paced fin-tech environment that is consistently evolving, and the team is setup to deliver on this growth. For over 40 years, Nasdaq has supported companies through every stage of the business lifecycle; leveraging its technology infrastructure, regulatory oversight and operational expertise.
The Junior Product Manager will be responsible for supporting the product owner in a process that best aligns and executes on our product roadmap and development priorities. In this role, you will interact closely with business stakeholders from Sales, Marketing, and Operational teams to assist the product owner in maintaining a comprehensive product roadmap. You will contribute to all aspects of the product development lifecycle and work directly with the product and development team to define priorities, create requirements for new features, and coordinate a release schedule that will allow us to execute on business-wide priorities and provide the best possible product to our customers. There will be frequent opportunities for customer engagement to test and adjust our product roadmap and validate acceptance criteria for new features.
The right candidate will have some experience in the financial technology industry and will be able to directly impact Nasdaq Private Market's ability to commercialize new products and maintain an industry leading position with existing solutions.
Skills, Requirements and Competencies
- Participates on project/program teams from design to delivery of fully developed products that are ready for customer use.
- Investigates facts and reviews problems during the design and planning phases, displaying an understanding of products and their functionality.
- Develop an in depth understanding of customer needs to identify solutions that increase customer satisfaction.
- Work with the product owner to identify solutions for client needs.
- Translate solutions into detailed requirements for engineering team.
- Work closely with engineering team to deliver releases in timely and predictable manner.
- Assist the Product Owner in backlog and communication tasks
- Provides timely and accurate information and status updates to functional leaders.
- Assist the Product Owner in assuring products quality before the product gets in the hands of the customer
- Requires conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline.
- Understands how related disciplines impact own work.
- Readily applies functional knowledge to challenges in our industry/markets.
- Has good or in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others and chooses to work across these boundaries to further the greater agenda.
- Is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Plans and prioritizes work using resources in the best possible way to complete tasks on time and with high quality.
- Solves complex problems with minimal supervision; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Provides creative insights and solutions to address client challenges.
- Has impact in broader work area; impacts team morale and culture through their actions and words.
- Impacts a wide range of customer, operational, project or service activities across related teams.
- Can conceptualize and communicate improvements for the broader good of Nasdaq.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information in a diplomatic way; works to build consensus.
- Proactively shares experiences and knowledge towards the achievement of team objectives.
- Actively seeks challenging assignments, is genuinely excited by a challenge.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the processes, objectives, and challenges within assigned customer accounts and evaluates IT solutions from the business' perspective.
- Considers rules, regulations, and time frames of core business, as well as impact on end users when implementing new IT practices, products or solutions.
- Comfortably uses a variety of techniques (e.g., brainstorming, visualization, collaboration) to generate innovative ideas; challenges boundaries instead of viewing them as constraints.
- Actively explores new and non-traditional practices to generate innovative solutions.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies.
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Education Required: Degree qualified in Computer Science, Business/Finance or related discipline, or equivalent work experience. Post graduate degree in a related discipline.
- Experience Required: 0-3 years from financial services industry, fin-tech or other service providers to the financial industry
- Special Qualifications: Previous Engineering experience. Experience with Agile Development methodologies. Specialized development activity in business strategy.