ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties my be assigned.
- Assesses patients by physical examination, including pertinent diagnostic testing to determine health status.
- Administers medications and treatments.
- Participates in the care planning process.
- Supervises Nursing Assistants, oversees ADL's and documentation.
- Communicates with physicians regarding changes in resident's conditions, diagnostic test results, etc.
- Documents assessments and care in compliance with standards of care and company policy.
- Educates patients and their families on health-related issues.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
Assists RN Charge Nurses in supervision of Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA's) and others whom they are administratively or professionally responsible for. Assists with completing annual evaluations for potential merit increases for direct reports.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid State licensure as an LPN/LVN.
- Current CPR certification.
Participants in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident's protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law.
Associated topics: lead, license, lvn lpn, nurse i, nurse iv, nurse lpn, nurses, pediatrics, practical nurse lpn, vocational nurse